The secrets to seeking a solid smile in your elder years consist of always being willing to clean and care for your teeth and gums. Here are some things you should know about keeping your teeth in excellent health:
– All teeth and teeth replacements should be cleaned, specifically any dental work you may have had done. That includes soaking your dentures in a cleaning solution each night.
-Don’t eat hard or tough foods that can easily chip and crack your teeth.
– Don’t miss your professional cleanings twice per year with your dentist, and if you have any other issues, schedule regular checkups to ensure your oral health remains at its best.
– Make sure to floss your teeth at least once per day for 2-3 minutes per session, hitting all areas between every tooth, including the back teeth.
– The optimum type of floss is shred-resistant floss that will not shred when you use it.
– Be sure to brush your teeth with a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– If manual brushing proves too difficult for you, consider switching to an electric brush.
– Bad habits such as chewing tobacco, smoking, and using drugs can all have serious ramifications on your oral health, which only worsen with age.
– To maintain optimum oral health, brush your teeth twice per day for 2-3 minutes per session.
Whichever services you feel would best suit your needs, Dr. Lyudmila Shur and our team here at Dr. Shur Dental in our dentist office in Lynnwood, Washington are committed to providing you the service you require. We can be reached at 425-741-2030. We will do our best to assist you in any way we can.