The Halloween season is upon us which means cool costumes, leaves changing into a myriad of colors, pumpkins all over the place, and oh yeah, lots and lots of sugary candy. You need not fear, there are plenty of ways to care for your teeth this season, both now, and for the rest of your life:
– Avoid recreational drugs, which cause mouth dryness and promote tooth decay.
– Eat nutritious and well-balanced meals from the five main food groups.
– Brush your tongue, along with your teeth, to help prevent bad breath.
– Limit between-meal snacks, which can increase tooth decay.
– Avoid chewing tobacco and smoking.
– Limit intake of bread, cereal, and chips, which speed up plaque formation.
– Drink plenty of water, which can help with tooth decay.
– Get regular check-ups at your dental office.
– Brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily.
– Use an oral cleaning product after eating, to limit the damage of harmful acids.
Don’t forget to remind all Vampires this Halloween to practice safe biting techniques too, and don’t forget to floss between your fangs!
If you have any concerns about what to bite or not bite this season, or to schedule an appointment, please call Dr. Shur Dental at 425-741-2030 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Lynnwood, Washington, and we will make sure your stay with us is fantastic!